Algerian authorities have said 37 hostages died in the attack and five are still missing.
OSLO, Norway — Norwegian energy company Statoil ASA says two Norwegian employees missing after a terror attack on a gas plant in Algeria have been confirmed dead.
Statoil CEO Helge Lund says the two workers are 58-year-old Tore Bech and Thomas Snekkevik, 35. Three other Norwegian Statoil employees are still missing after the Jan. 16 attack on the Ain Amenas plant that resulted in a four-day siege.
Lund gave no further details in a short statement on the company website Friday.
Algerian authorities have said 37 hostages died in the attack and five are still missing. It is unclear whether the two Norwegians were among the missing or whether their bodies had been found but have only now been identified.
Norway has a forensic team in Algeria helping local officials.