Man leaves hospital after lottery-fueled blast

The Wichita, Kan., man suffered second-degree burns to his hands, arms and chest when he refueled butane torches that he and his brother planned to use to smoke drugs in celebration of winning $75,000 in the lottery.

WICHITA, Kan. — One of two south-central Kansas brothers whose drug-fueled celebration of winning $75,000 in the lottery resulted in an explosion in their home was released from the hospital Monday.

The Wichita man suffered second-degree burns to his hands, arms and chest Friday night after he refueled butane torches that he and his brother planned to use to smoke drugs.

A woman at Via Christi St. Francis Hospital on Monday said the burn victim had been released, but she didn't have further details.

The other brother told police Friday they had purchased marijuana and methamphetamine to celebrate their lottery win.

He was arrested, but details about charges were not available Monday because of the President's Day holiday.

——

MSN News on Facebook and Twitter

Stay up to date on breaking news and current events.

Friend us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/news.msn

Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/msnnews