Rapper Lil Wayne tweets he's fine, despite health rumors

Rapper Lil Wayne, who suffered from multiple seizures this week, tweeted Friday night that he was "good" and thanked fans for their support. An online report had claimed he was in intensive care.

Rapper Lil Wayne said Friday he was fine and thanked fans for their concern after a reported seizure that led celebrity website TMZ.com to claim he was in a medically induced coma and near death.

"I'm good everybody. Thx for the prayers and love," Wayne said in a Twitter message on his official account.

TMZ.com, citing unnamed sources, said Lil Wayne, 30, whose real name is Dwayne Michael Carter Jr., was in intensive care after suffering multiple seizures earlier this week.

Wayne's representatives did not return calls for comment, but his business partner and fellow rapper, Mack Maine, tweeted: "Wayne is alive and well! We watching the Syracuse game...thanks for the prayers and concern..he will update you all soon."

TMZ said the rapper, 30, was admitted to Cedars-Sinai hospital in Los Angeles and was released Wednesday, but readmitted a few hours later after his bodyguard found him unconscious on the floor of his room.

Again, Mack Maine took to Twitter to voice a somewhat opposing statement, saying, "We will be releasing an official statement shortly but dont believe the nonsense about comas and tubes to breathe...that's false!!" He followed half an hour later with, "#F*** TMZ."

Lil Wayne, a native of New Orleans, began rapping at the age of 9, when he became the youngest artist to be signed by Cash Money record label.

The "Got Money" rapper has released nine studio albums over a two decade career and has become one of the biggest names in rap music.

——

MSN News on Facebook and Twitter

Stay up to date on breaking news and current events.

Like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/news.msn

Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/msnnews